Thursday 9 April 2015

The Flash: S01E16: "Rogue Time"

In A Nutshell

Remember last week's episode? Well, forget it, because that either didn't happen or happened considerable quicker than the 45 minutes an episode takes. This week Barry learns the lessons of time travel the hard way, Cisco gets some brotherly love and creates some funky guns in half the time it takes to do your weekly shopping, whilst that reporter who was going to expose Doctor Wells gets bashed about seriously.

What I liked

The subtle humour, and more obvious humorous interactions between the main characters is certainly cute and affectionous, even if, of course, a tad cheesy at times. But this is what I like about the show. It mostly blends seriousness with comical interludes and makes no excuses for it.

Reverse-Flash bashing up the reporter, before ending his life with that shaky hand through the heart finishing move.

What I Didn't Like

Yup, it was a time reset of sorts. I wasn't looking forward to it as I'm not fan of resets but thankfully it soon became apparent that this was going to be an interesting creative play on the reset without all that stupidity you get usually where most events never took place. Things were considerably as interesting as last time round.

The Cisco "I'm leaving as I failed you all" routine was clunky at best, and predictable.

Huh?

Got to hand it to Doctor Wells, he gets to the heart of matters ...

How did Doctor Wells know about the reporter was about to expose him? His time machine I guess? Would he have done the same last time round if not for the reset? Or did Barry really tell him absolutely everything about the previous timeline, including that very brief scene he had with the reporter last time round?

Surely Cisco could have told Mr Freeze that anyone was The Flash? I was sure he'd say it was Doctor Wells, but alas no.

I'm confused over the Mr Freeze and Flash/Barry deal. Why would Mr Freeze agree to that? Think I've lost the plot there.

And Finally

Interesting how that one mysterious disappearance of the reporter was enough to bring Barry around that Doctor Wells might be evil. Seems like a minor incident to me without any real facts to support it but I guess it's the commulation of oddities that have been building up that swung it for him.

Rating: 7 out of 10 (Very Good Pop-Corn Fantasy)

No comments:

Post a Comment