1. Multiple ways to "Find" (i.e. search) content of emails has been introduced.
You can now select an email in the inbox, right-click, and choose "Find" and you'll get a search/find box in the message preview pane to type your search keywords in.
You can also get to this a rather cumbersome way when you have an email open by using the top right menu hamburger and selecting Find.
Additionally, in new emails, you can now "Find/Search" them via clicking on the options menu and selecting "Find" to bring up the searchbar.
Annoyingly, neither CTRL-F key combo or CTRL-S start this Find/Search process.
3. Zoom emails (not 100% sure if this is new)
Certainly you could always do this for emails you were reading, but you can now zoom on new emails under the options menu as shown in previous picture.
4. What's New
Less exciting, but highly appreciated, "What's New" has been added to the Settings Menu as an option. Rather oddly, it takes you to a Microsoft Webpage listing various new features you may or may not see in the app right now.
Might Be New
Don't remember seeing such a "fancy" paragraph selection choice under "Options" menu when creating a new email before. i.e. the special indent option.
Changes 1. Pop-Up "What's New" Window! After you update and first load up the app, there's this "What's New" window! I know this isn't revolutionary, but in a Windows 10 world, where finding out changelogs is much harder work than anyone would like, this is much welcome. Sadly, two of the changes it lists aren't new in this version but were new in a previous build. i.e. Linked Inboxes and Select All features.
2. Undo Mistakes This is very useful and also very welcome. Now when you delete the wrong email, like I do often, you can undo the mistake:
3. Don't Sync This Folder I've noticed that some folders, if you right-click them, now have the option to not sync them, but it's only a few. I'm not sure why some folders are treated differently.
If you go to Settings/Manage Accounts, you can now set up a linked inbox.
2. Redesigned Settings
Instead of having everything under Settings/Options, they've expanded everything into their own individual menu options under settings.
There's no new settings, other than Linking Inboxes, but, most of the settings have a useful "Apply to All Accounts" tick box now, so you can, for example, say apply the same signature to all accounts.
3. Empty Folder Option for Favourites
Not sure why anyone would want to do this, but you can now right click a favourite folder and, umm, empty it.
4. Misc Changes "Email Security" is in list of settings now, but I'm told from other sources that if your account supported extra security (like exchange) you would see security settings under options previously. However, now, the setting is there in list, although in my case it just says that none of my accounts are applicable for extra security.
Seen suggestion that you can now select all email, although I have no idea if that wasn't there before. Wasn't observant enough. :)
Personalisation Menu now shows a preview screen of how change of colour changes the look of app
New Email pop-out option
Oddities Less Security Options - Settings for Digital Emails and Encryption no longer under Options/Accounts for my IMAP, Outlook.com and Gmail accounts. I've heard they might still remain for Office 365/Exchange accounts.
Improvements Added background images to Personalization settings Yup, this was the only change I noticed from previous BIG update, which were the new pre-installed background designs you can see in the bottom half of screenshot below.
Fixed other top crashes and bugs.
Fixed Calendar crash on boot and Mail crash navigating within the drafts folder.